Thursday, September 10, 2009

Where Do You Want To Store Your Treasures?

Yesterday during upcell, a friend prayed for those who were leaving Melbourne at the end of the year; that they would not store up treasures in Melbourne or anywhere on earth, making it difficult for themselves to be used by God.

Matthew 6:19-21
19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

That really struck me.

So many times we I store up treasures on earth. We I tend to cling on to the past and never able to smoothly move forward. I guess to be sentimental is one thing, but to be overly sentimental, now that's a problem. I guess in this life, it's every easy to think back on the past, realised how simple life was then and get stuck in that. Then it'll come a point that our heart is stuck there too. At that point, we don't really live in the present and we cannot fully experience God's blessings in the present. Worst, we are unable to do whatever God wants us to do now.

You know that's the funny thing about all these, is that I'm such an irony to myself. Really. But I guess I'm learning and through all these little things, God is slowly equipping me for the future(:

No comments: