Sunday, April 06, 2008

Interesting day

Today has by far been really interesting. Really really interesting.

So this morning, as you can see from the previous post, I forgot it was daylight savings. I planned to wake up at 7am and so I did. (I'm so proud of myself. Being able to wake up when the alarm rings. Huge huge improvement!!! And because of today, I don't have to worry about waking up late tmr, because I know I can wake up early again. haha) Wash up and all. I was doing my daily routine of checking the weather online and when I looked at the corner of my screen so see how much time I had to get ready for church. To my horror I read 630am! It suddenly hit me that there's daylight saving. But I didn't know for sure which time to follow. So I messaged Jixiang asking him what time was I supposed to go down. In an hour or in two. It was kinda funny to see that he was also kinda confused with the time. So after clarifying that, I went back to sleep for a while.

Oh side track for a bit. My heater is the only heater so far in the hostel that doesn't run on timer. It can actually last the whole night long and I actually won't need a blanket and I can end up sweating.

So back to the story. Because my room got so heated up when I woke up the first time, I switched off the heater. But when I woke up again the second time, it was so so cold. So I decided to switch on the heater again.

So yes, got ready and went down to an ATM to get cash for the week. It was so so cold. And Jixiang was late. So I just spent my time reading on the steps in front of the hostel, in the cold. Yes. In the cold. I decided it would have been better so that the minute the car comes I can just enter. Instead of making people wait for me and stuff. I don't like being late.

As I went to church early(Jixiang and this guy Justin were serving), I ended up helping in the kitchen. Ok this church provides like a light breakfast, coffee and tea for everyone. Yeah. So I was helping to cut the bread and all. Rather interesting stuff.

Service today was great. They spoke a lot about missions and this guy was sharing about umm. I forgot the place. But oh well. Through today's session, the fire in me to do such works was rekindled. It felt like I found some sort of purpose in my life, or re-found. Or however you call it la.

Then after all the mingling and stuff after church, we finally went to eat. During lunch, there were these two guys(whom I totally just forgot the names again.) who were so so funny. I was so entertained by them and I never laughed so hard especially when I just met someone for the first time. Yeah. It was a good good lunch.

So on the way back, I noticed this plane in writing words in the air. It was so so cool. You can see some of the pictures below. I know they are not that great but hey, I tried! It's not easy to take photos with the sun in your eyes. I still don't know what the plane was trying to promote. The first set of letters spelt 'GRRR!!' and the other was "BOSE". I thought that it was only going to be the GRR thingy. But when I was about to reach my hostel, I saw the plane once again. Ok I have no idea how I spotted the plane. It was just this white speck like thingy. And I think the second word is just incomplete. So yeah.













Then when I came back, I decided to tell Sing Yee that there was daylight savings in case she didn't know. And she told me that Bernice saw another mg girl. One year my senior. Wow. I was so excited I just went up to the room and knocked. I think she thinks we're mad. Like randomly knocking people's door. But sadly, I don't recognise her at all. She doesn't look one bit mg/ac. Kinda disappointed. Was hoping I would be able to recognise her at least.

And to my horrors when I came back, my heater was still on. And the weather here, being crazy, was kinda warm. Such a huge contrast to this morning. I keep forgetting that my heater doesn't have that stupid timer. Ok, I know I'll benefit a lot during winter but like, can't I at least be able to control the timer as well.

Oh so now I have a question. Did I gain an extra hour today or lost one hour? Like I know I got to sleep a bit more but does that mean, I lose an hour for the day? Or do I actually gain? Daylight savings.. confusing and totally random thing that I think that people just have nothing better to do. Then again, better not say anything.

Hope the rest of the day goes fine. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE BIGGEST LOSER!! I have fallen in love with that show. Haha. Don't blame me, blame it on the fact I don't have any chinese dramas here. I miss Mediacorp.

Oh I didn't realise my post is so long. Oh well. Congrats if you read till this point

No comments: