Sunday, March 16, 2008

Forgetting what lies behind, setting our eyes on the prize

What pastor Ted said is so true

Why are we constantly reliving our past when we should be planning about our future?

Yeah our past may suck or it may have seemed like the best time of our lives....
SO FAR!
Yeah. God has so much planned for us and yet we are constantly thinking about our past, wanting to relive those good old moments. That we never see the other side. We should be working towards a better future and expanding on that.

The message today really spoke to me. I realised I was really guilty of that. Like being constantly stuck in my memories and sometimes I feel that life will never get any better. Because of that, I rarely picture a better future for myself. (I said rarely because I do daydream quite a bit)

So the point is this. Yeah some parts of my past may suck and some may seem like the best time of my life. But that's only the start. God didn't say He's going to limit His blessings. And now I know for sure that He's going to continue blessing me and I have a bright future ahead of me. Yeahhh. And the same goes for everyone else out there.

So yeah. Let's stop dwelling in the past and start to move on! Life will be much greater that way. :)

Forgetting what lies behind, setting our eyes on the prize

No comments: