Saturday, March 28, 2009

Matthew 16:26

"What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? "
Matthew 16:26


Somehow I keep seeing this verse today, in many various places.

Today I discovered that the files on my external hard disk are most probably corrupted; I was devastated. I felt so much frustration, so much anger. And due to no better outlet (or due to me not looking for a better outlet), I punched the wall (a few times and my knuckles do hurt) and ended up crying everything out.

And then, as I started to cool off (I literally did so with cold water), it dawned upon me that I was placing too much importance on material things. Because truth is, most of the stuff is backed up in my dad's hard disk and I still have some stuff in my com. True, I may not get everything back, but there was really no need for that fit of mine.

As I saw the verse over and over again, it felt like God was just telling me over and over again; to not place so much importance on all these earthly things and store treasures up in heaven.

I am at peace again. Thank You.

No comments: