Friday, May 23, 2008

... the workers are few

In the background, I hear the booming beats from the pub next door.
I try desperately to listen out for the silence
Give them 3 more hours of such 'fun' and at 3am,
When the pub closes, is when the fighting will begin.
sighh

Sometimes, I really don't understand why people go through such lifestyles.
It's like, work, drink, fight, sleep
Part of me really feels sorry for them

Anyway, OCF today was good. The thing that hit me the most was this verse:

Matthew 9:37
Then He said to His disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few."

When I read that verse. It really hit me. I came here, so determined to do God's will and as the days go by, I start to get distracted by everything around me. It's like me returning to square one (well almost..)

I know there's so many things that I can do, but I think my priorities are all wrong. I can still remember how much faith I had after the mission trip in 2006, when I said that I wanted to work in the mission field. All that passion. Gone.

But gone where? There's no way I'm going to let it stay away. No.

I've got to retrieve that passion!

But anyway, I think I'm just going to be thinking more about that verse. I have that feeling that God is trying to tell me something more. Just pray that the revelation will be clear.

Ok that's all I want to blog about today. Haha. Toodles

Today I learnt that sweating is good for the pores. Haha. Stupid clogged pimpled pores. Haha

No comments: