Sunday, November 25, 2007

one more belt..

Tomorrow my brothers will be going for their black belt taekwondo exam.

So I started thinking. It would have been so cool if I had actually not quit taekwondo. I'll most probably be taking the exam with them. It's so not cool to say I'm only a red belt (even though it's only one belt away from black). And because I'm 16, if I pass, I'll be a black belt. My brothers, being below 16, only can junior black.

And so you may ask, why did I quit.

I quit because my love for handbells and piano was much greater. I had practises non stop in the june holidays last year, plus I had to prepare for my piano exam. With all that, I found myself too tired to actually continue taekwondo. There were many times when handbells practises ended late in the night, and I could not afford to pay for taekwondo lessons that I did not have time to attend.

So, I don't really regret it. But it would be so cool to actually continue doing it. Then again. I'm too lazy. All that training again is just going to make me sore.. one more belt........ .

Nevermind, I'll be satisfied to be a red belt.. Worst come to worst, I'll just get myself a black belt and live in denial. haha

and no, I don't do flying kicks. Nor will I do a demo for anyone.. hahaha. Unless you bribe me well

and the question is. Shoud I go down to see my brothers, or go to church.. hmmmmm. HOW HOW HOW

No comments: