Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Mission trip experience

Ok I would have given a day to day account of what happened in mission trip. But then I decided that, nahh..

I'll just share on what I feel and learnt from the trip.

Firstly, I must say that I was really blessed. I lost my voice before the activities actually started and that was not a very good sign, considering the fact that I was supposed to be a group leader, leading small children around in games. Which means I would actually need my voice. And why I say I was blessed. Well it's because God really looked after me. He gave me sufficient voice each time during all these activities to be able to lead the group. He gave me the voice each time I needed to talk to get my own teens group to do something for me. And on top of that, He ensured that I could find someone to help me convey the message each time my voice was about to go. Plus, I had friends who would ensure that I didn't eat too much oily stuff and didn't talk so much. How blessed am I?

Secondly, I saw how God actually uses us all to play a part in getting people to join His Kingdom. Both young and old, He uses all. All you need to do, is to be willing to serve. One really good example I believe is Gim. A young sec one boy who has a really good heart. When I was struggling to start new games for the people arriving, he just came up and started helping me. Yeah he came up with his own funny little games, but still, he managed to engage the children very well, and you could actually see that they really enjoyed playing games with him. During the christmas parties that we held for the children, he even went all the way out to help and started sharing. He was required to do anything like that. And yet, his heart was so prepared to serve God. It was actually kinda touching. Ok, I got to admit that sometimes I find him a bit of a queer. But I have never seen someone serving wholeheartedly, all the more, someone of his age. It makes me question myself, why do I actually do all that I'm doing. Is it for God's glory or for my own glory?

Thirdly, I really learnt about teamwork. There is really no 'I' in teamwork. No matter how small one's role seem, if everyone didn't play their part to the best of their abilites, the whole trip wouldn't have been possible. In the christmas party, with everyone really doing their best, the harvest was amazing. Out of about 247 children who came for the parties, 174 of them accepted Christ, about 25 of them expressed interest to learn more about Jesus. Seriously, God has worked wonders. All those simple acts that everyone contributed to has led to such wonderful stats. Praise the Lord!

If there are any more opportunities to do such stuff, I want to be included! Makes me feel more meaningful.

Well, I think I'll just end here. I may come back to edit this post, or not. Oh well. I shall end with the song, Fill my eyes. It was our theme song this year.

Fill my eyes
Fill my eyes, O my God,
with the vision of the Cross
Fill my heart with love for Jesus,
the Nazarene
Fill my mouth with your praise
Let me sing to endless days
Take my will,
let my life be wholly Thine


Use my hands to SERVE You God
EXPOSE my eyes to what You see
Make me LEARN from what You lay
before my path
I’ll be FAITHFUL to Your Great Commission
And I am blessed by Your Faithfulness
Take my will,
let my life be wholly Thine


May I always remember this meaningful song..

No comments: