Monday, July 02, 2007

Passione Finále

After many weeks of tiring practices, PASSIONE is over! Boy am I sad. When we were on stage, it seemed like only a 10 min performance for the first half. The performance practically flew by and this is like technically my last performance. THAT'S SO SAD! I'M GOING TO MISS HANDBELLS SO SO MUCH! One could actually say I live to go for handbells. Sigh.

But overall PASSIONE was a success! It was really great! The songs went well. The response we recieved was cool and my conductor is wonderful! It doesn't matter what other people feel so long as we enjoyed ourselves.

And so I want to thank these people for coming (whether I sold you tickets or not)
  1. My parents
  2. My brothers
  3. My grandparents
  4. My aunts and uncle
  5. Jessica
  6. Delicia
  7. Esther
  8. Jane
  9. Lijun
  10. Gerald
  11. Ziteng
  12. Elroi
  13. Seth (and for bringing his friend)
  14. Aunty Clara and Alex
  15. Sarah
  16. Cherilyn
  17. Mag

If I forgot to put your name down, it's totally not intentional. I'm just not really thinking now. Just let me know and I'll add it in. Yeah.

Anyway, I thought I should share this. Today in church Uncle Jon came up to me and told me this is what Alex(a three year old girl noticed). She told her dad that to her it seemed that on stage, SCGS seemed to have so much more fun, that they were more relaxed. And I guess we could actually learn something from them. That performing is not all about getting your notes right and putting that (for some)fake smile on your face. It's also about having fun. It's through all these that you will be able to be more in sync with the music, that you'll actually be able to PERFORM the piece well. It's not about how they were bouncing that the three year old child found them happier, but the fact that they looked like they enjoyed themselves proved much more. Seriously, coming from a three year old, shows that there's a lot we can actually learn. So what I'm trying to say is, to be able to show the best of a piece it'll require a lot. Firstly it starts with discipline. Through proper discipline, practices will be much smoother and you'll all be able to master your notes in a shorter time. From there, dynamics and all will start to come in and at that point, you should all start being able to express the music better from there. And then start to enjoy yourselves. Handbells is not a cca that wants you to die. The music you produce is meant to be enjoyed by both you and the audience. Yeah.

And even though you may recieve response that SCGS played better. Just bear this in mind. We know we gave of our best. We may not be the best but we did our best. And that's all that matters

Well that's all for now. Till another time :)

No comments: