Saturday, July 28, 2007

missing Handbells

I just watched a few of the videos that priscilla placed on the handbells blog (you can find it in my links) and I just cannot help missing handbells.

CCA registration day in sec one and I decided that I'll boldly sign up for Handbells. Somehow, something just drew me closer and closer to the booth and within moments, I knew that handbells was the CCA for me. And since then four years have passed by and I'm filled with nothing but pleasant memories.

For most of my secondary school life, I've always worked hard in handbells. My hard work was not in vain when I got into the performing group. When I got promoted to be in the committee twice. (no I'm not boasting) And as the days went by, yes, handbells is not easy. But my love for handbells and the people in it grew stronger.

And to cut to the chase, I have 'officially retired' from handbells. And it feels like a large piece of my life has been taken away. I'm no longer going to be able to ring those bells, no longer going to be able to polish them, no longer going to be able to fold and corners of the scores, no longer going to be able to use the mallets and play a song. No longer going to be a mghandbell secondary school handbells ringer. And I'M ALREADY MISSING IT LIKE CRAZY!

I'm going to miss everyone in the choir and those who just left last year. I would actually put down the list of my performances and all, but I'm too lazy. Or rather I'm just not in the mood. Because doing so just makes leaving handbells more difficult.

No one ever said that parting would be easy. Will the sweet memories be enough to make this pain go away? Oh how I miss handbells already!

No comments: