Sunday, April 15, 2007

First intern

Today we had our first internship! I was looking forward to it all week and it was nothing close to what I expected.

Tin Tin, Cherilyn and I went to junior department. (P4-P6) And like Mr Lam and Mr Ang both didn't come today. So like when we went down, I volunteered to play the piano when Aunty Sabrina led and Cher played the guitar next to me. And because there was a lack of teachers, the three of us decided to impromptu-ly plan games. So after singing, Aunty Sabrina asked if they wanted games or lessons. No doubt they chose games.

Bear in mind that every few minutes we had to shout and ask them to keep quiet. Threatening them with forfeits. Dangerous bunch of kids.

So we started off with the really fun and dangerous safe game of Scissors Paper Stone BX. And only a few of them played la. And to think before that they sounded so enthu. They even kept the chairs at record time. But when ask them to play, half of them run out of the room.

So after they started to get out of control, we decided to change games and initially wanted to play the game 'do you love your neighbour'. But they kinda didn't understand us and insisted that they wanted to play whacko. So I went to get the pillow from intermediate and we got them to introduce themselves. Somehow I think they must have this weird idea that sharing their name will kill them and we took forever just to get everyone's name out. Good thing that male teacher was there, if not the three of us would have died. So the game of whacko started off well. And it only lasted well for like 3 minutes? then it went totally out of control. The guys kept on whacking any random people they didn't like. And so we were forced to stop the game again. And this time we decided to keep it simple and play simon says. At this point of time, we couldn't stop laughing at the havoc they created and how they were so.... weird?

So like Tin Tin went mad. He said "Ok let's play Tin Tin says. Ok Tin Tin says QUIET!! Do I hear quiet?" And then Cherilyn and I burst out laughing. So like Tin Tin led this game (actually he did most of the games) and like after a while we had to show them the forfeit they had to do which was the chicken dance. So Tin Tin was trying to learn it from Cher and I and it was so weird. So like when we were showing them the chicken dance, this girl suddenly said "so cute!" and it was like so embarrassing la. Then they danced along. And finally they left.

Next week Tin Tin would be teaching in P4, cher helping in P5 and I in P6. Hopefully they'll be more in control. They were really energy sapping.

Come to think of it, back when we were in Junior Department the only similarity we had was that girls would sit in one side and guys the other. The red sea never seemed to have disappear. Guys hated girls and girls hated guys even more! haha. I remember how they tried so hard to get us to sit together but it never seemed to actually work. But I seriously don't remember being as rowdy and crazy as them. Back then my class had to remember John 1:1-14 and I heard that nowadays they don't do that anymore. Kids nowadays are getting madder and crazier. Next week I shall take something to get me high so that they can't do anything to make us go mad. I shall make them go mad instead. Ok I shall not be so mean. Oh wells. HAHA.

I'm so excited for next week!!!

No comments: