Monday, October 12, 2009

1 Corinthians 13

My dear faithful pen (:
Okay, I need to do something regarding my obsession with stationery. But really, this pen is amazing, the ink flow is amazing....

But with that aside, these few days 1 Corinthians 13 has really been speaking to me, or rather, it has somewhat been my conscience over the past few days, reminding me to do things in love.

1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

I don't think it's easy to love, especially people whom we don't like or people with those irritating quirks. Well, to cut to the chase, we should love others because He first loved us. Can you imagine if God looked at us and went, 'omg such an annoying bunch of people, all of you should DIE'. But yet He showered us with grace and mercy and on top of that, loved us so so so much that He gave the world His one and only son, Jesus.

I guess that in itself is like motivation for me to really like look pass faults I see in others (Firstly, I shouldn't be judging and secondly, I myself am not perfect) So yes, new challenge for myself; to love others because Christ first loved me, and not only that, but to love unconditionally (:

No comments: