Saturday, January 21, 2006

i'm actually proud of myself. i made a decision and i know i'll not regret it. at least i should not regret it.

this morning, melissa asked me if i have considered being in the crosslink comm. ok. so i'll skip all the boring stuff. but yeah. i told her ok. but i'll ask my parents again to confirm and let her know again. and to tell the truth. i'm quite shocked i made such a decision. cos never did i think i'd ask my parents before actually confirming it. but yeah. i didn't really dare la. so i delayed all the way till about 3 when i asked my mum.

well my mum discouraged me from being part of the comm. because firstly i'm the class president and ya. that itself requires a lot of commitment. and she didn't want me to be busy the whole week. and wants me to concentrate more on my studies. SURPRISINGLY, i didn't argue and yupp. i just sms melissa telling her i'll pull out. when my dad came home. i told him how i was asked and how i pulled out. and he gave me the same reasons as my mum.

and usually i'd get really upset when i don't get such stuff and all. but this time i didn't. in fact. i felt quite happy. not only did i obey God's fifth commandant (children honour your mother and father...) i actually felt love for my parents. true love. it's because i love and respect my father so much. that i was worried that i hurt his feelings. that's why i considered asking him first. it's because i love my parents so much that i didn't want them to think i was rebelling against them thus i asked them.

even though i would have really loved to be part of the comm. i guess i should be happy. and ya. even up till now. i don't really find myself regretting it. maybe i was a tiny winy bit jealous. but that was for a short short while. yeah. well. if God ever wants me to be part of the comm he'll let me. but this doesn't mean that i can't stop serving God. yeah.

i'm maturing in my thoughts. haha. ego again.

No comments: