Saturday, January 14, 2012

Let Hope Rise

If I've learnt anything from the past few weeks, it's this:

We all need hope, something to look forward to, something that keeps us moving forward. Because ever so often, despair fills our mind and we find ourselves suffocating, fighting to stay alive. We may even start to give up on dreams we once had, allowing ourselves to be subjected to the negative circumstances. We get caught in a downward spiral, and at the same time, we put on masks to pretend that we are okay even though we are filled with torment on the inside. We try to convince ourselves that things will get better, yet doubt seems to get the better of us.

And that's why, we need hope. That it's not enough to just have friends and family telling you that things will be okay, but that we need that peace and assurance from God to fill our hearts and to overflow into our hearts, our souls, our minds.

With that, I'm more than just grateful for the relationship I have with the Great I Am, who will whisper words of affirmation into my heart in my time of need. That on the day I was filled with so much despair, when darkness clouded my mind, when I felt that all hope was lost, He came with His Holy Light and shone ever so brightly in my heart, my soul and my mind. That truly, peace comes from Him and Him alone. Not only that, I'm so thankful that I can be me in front of Him, that I can just put aside all those formalities and just lash out whatever was on my mind; to be truthful in reverent fear and awe.

And at times like this, it reminds me over and over and over again: People NEED to know the Lord. It relights my passion for the ministry He has placed me in and it helps me as I attempt to reprioritize my life, to know what is truly important. So, I guess, while I've been rejecting the idea of having to grow up and taking on more responsibilities, I guess I'm glad that with this growing up comes wisdom in better understanding what God's plans for His kingdom are.

Now, equipped with a new sense of urgency, a renewed love and overwhelming joy, I'm glad what they said is true - that you can (and should be able to) experience God in your own bedroom, when you make time to spend with Him [Jeremiah 29:13]. It's like a mini (spiritual) retreat, in my room.

(:

No comments: