Thursday, September 15, 2011

My weirdo brothers

So, Brendan is currently at the hospital because apparently the light cover fell on him and he has a really bad cut? Or something along those lines. And it's not that I'm a horrible sister who doesn't care what happened, it's just that, no one saw what happened and only my two brothers were at home when it happened.

Okay so back to the main point. I realise my brothers are very funny, and in a way sensible, that their first instinct/reaction is to call for help.

I remember when I was 6, Brendan 4 and Ian a little baby and I fell off the swing and broke my arm. I remember while being in so much pain and crying so hard, that at the corner of my eyes, I saw Brendan running home, and I was thinking to myself "omg why are you abandoning me now?" But it's so cute, because he was actually running home to get help. Which now, when I think about it, it's quite a sensible thing for a 4 year old to do. Similarly, later in the year, when we were playing and Brendan pushed me in excitement and I had the nastiest cut (which needed stitches), the first thing he did was to run home to get help, leaving me to bleed and slowly make my way home.

Similarly, this time round, I think it's quite cool that despite the crazy amount of blood, that Ian was calm enough to call my dad for help, as opposed to screaming his head off, panicking and not knowing what to do. Or like how a month ago, they called me when the power tripped - partly because they thought that there was a chance there's a murderer or robber outside -.- I don't know what they expected me to do? Scare the bad guy away? I remember how the minute my car pulled into the drive way, they came out, holding umbrellas. Haha, so weird. If I were them, I would take a knife for protection, not umbrellas! Haha.

But whatever it is, I think they are super funny and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. haha <3

No comments: