Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Nostalgia

Wow. Time is flying too fast. Way way way too fast. I feel so old and ancient.

What happened to those days when I would just spend hours talking on the phone, or when school days was just full of laughter? What happened to the times when I would have my 'tv schedule' and hoping really hard that mummy would let me use the computer on a weekday?

Spending my time in the library, typing my life away. Essays after essays, readings after readings. It really will never end. What will come after this? 2nd year, 3rd year, honours, masters, work...

Maybe it's just a wave of nostalgia. But I really do miss those days. Those carefree days (of course at that time we thought we were suffering. Then again, as youths, we do tend to exaggerate a lot). SEE! EVIDENCE THAT I'M GETTING OLD!! And the thing is, I'm not even that old. I'm not even old!!!

I miss hearing my phone ring for something other than an important call. I miss the endless hours talking and talking on the phone. I miss those really noisy conference calls we used to have. I miss hearing my parents threatening to take my phone away for using it too much. I miss fighting over the tv with my brothers. I miss wearing my school uni, tying my hair in the same way everyday. I miss canteen food. I miss hoping so hard that I would be allowed to go out for lunch after church. I miss going high at the most random things and just laughing with friends. I miss trying to match make people. And the list never ends. I really miss home and I honestly hope that my parents would not be able to find a buyer, no matter how selfish that sounds.

And I really need time to slow down. It's getting too fast for me to handle. Too fast.

How I wish I could go home too.

No comments: