Wednesday, November 05, 2008

As Bread That Is Broken




Many hearts are hungry tonight,
Many trapped in darkness yearn for the Light
So many who are far from home,
And many who are lost
Oh, Lord, Your wounded children need
The power of Your cross

As bread that is broken, use our lives
As wine that is poured out, a willing sacrifice
Empower us, Father, to share the love of Christ
As bread that is broken Lord, use our lives

Help us to begin where we are.
Help us love the people near to our hearts
Then give our faith a mission field
Wherever You may call
Lord, love Your world through each of us,
Until we’ve touched them all

This song just came to me yesterday when we were all praying before coffee ministry. And as I was thinking about it, I guess this is my prayer. To be used by God and to like, fulfill the great commission. (is that the right way to phrase it?) Yeah, and I guess it's really applicable to the mission trip too. Yup, this shall be my personal prayer for the mission trip as well.

I guess we don't really know how much we got, until we see what others lack or until it's taken away from us. And I guess I don't want to wait till I'm at that stage. I want to be able to be a blessing, especially since I've been blessed with so much. Little things like being able to wake up to a new day every morning and like, being able to walk to school and stuff. Even for being to take exams and learning how to learn. Haha. Yeah. I guess I'm really grateful for what I am right now, and I want others to be able to feel the same way too. So yeah.

And another thing that really impacted me was what Penny shared on Friday. 1 Cor 13. About how if we don't love, whatever we do is meaningless. And I guess I want to be able to just love unconditionally. It's going to be a challenge, but I'm going to take on that challenge!

It'll be so much easier just to be brained wash! Haha

I can't wait for the next time I'm going to coffee ministry and for mission trip! An opportunity to share with others not only materialistic things, but the love of Christ as well! Yay!!

No comments: