Monday, January 28, 2008

MONICA IS IN MELBOURNE!

WARNING! BELOW IS A RATHER LONG POST. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.
And people, please tag.

Ok, I’ve finally got internet connection! YAY!! Ok but it’s technically not mine. So it doesn’t really make much of a difference. But at least I get to blog all these up. (oh like that seems to be the most important thing on my mind right now. HAHA)

Friday – the time of tears
All right, I know many of you have heard something about the Monica’s leaving drama. And I also know that most of you don’t even know the full details. So yes, here goes.

As you can see from my previous posts, my flight was supposed to have been at 9am. So I was at the airport at about 6am. Friends and family were all there, expecting me to be leaving soon.

But…


It so happens that Qantas were looking for people to willingly give up their flight. The catch was that they would give me a direct flight (no I didn’t have a direct flight before that) and that they would give us US$400 per person. I mean, which such a good deal, I have no reason to object right. I was in NO hurry to leave Singapore anyway.

So yes, that’s how I ended up flying later. So yes, Monica is officially SUPER SPECIAL/COOL/GREAT, that even her farewell lasted the whole day. Ok. THANK YOU ALL THOSE WHO WERE WITH ME! AND THANK YOU FOR ALL THOSE WHO WERE THERE TO SEND ME OFF, WHETHER MORNING, NIGHT OR BOTH!

Friday/Saturday – Plane ride
Ok I managed to sleep the whole ride and was only awaken during meals. AND SADLY, I woke up just before the plane started descending.

Since my nose was blocked, my ears were hurting like crazy. On top of that, my teeth started hurting! WAHH!!! It was so painful that I started screaming into my pillow. Poor me I know.

Saturday
Skipping the boring details…

I spent the day, mainly getting my phone card. HAHA! Ok wait, DON’T YOU ALL DARE LAUGH! IF NOT I WOULD NEVER CALL YOU! HMPH!!

Oh ya, and I met up with Pam and her friend Jixiang. Ok, this guy knows a lot about FMC, and the people in there too.

Sunday
I went to the church that Uncle Tai Kok attends. It was rather fine I guess. But I was SO TIRED, that I kept dosing off, especially during the long, long prayers. Honestly, I doubt that I would like go back to that church. That’s kinda sad, as the people there were rather friendly.

I spent the rest of the day exploring the city. I went to St Kilda’s beach. (Ok seriously, I seem to be on some sort of holiday. Fine, technically, in a way, I am. But still…)

Then we went to source out a place to treat Mummy’s friends, who so nicely allowed us to stay with them. We ended up eating at the same place where these same friends treated us the last time we were here. And then blah blah blah…

Monday
I checked into my hostel.

WOAHHH! I THOUGHT I WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE MY OWN TOILET! So it’s like a few common toilets around the level. And I feel SO SUA GU (but I shall not say why here. If you want to know, just ask me online.) Ok but the good thing is, that my room is close to TWO toilets. So I’m more or less fine.

And the room was SO WHITE when I entered it. The walls are white, the bed post is white, the table is white, the shelves are white, the two cupboards are white. White, white, white. It was actually blinding. So my dad and I spent the afternoon doing it. Ok, he did most of it. I actually fell asleep half way and my clothes are sort of in a mess. Haha.

I got my student meal card and the way the guy took my photo was SO WEIRD. Like half my forehead is chopped off. Who takes photos like that? Weirdo. Haha. But I must say, they are really nice la. So not so weird anymore. haha.

General
Ok generally I'm fine. The weather is rather siao though. Like really siao. I'll elaborate another time. OH AND I HAVE A CURFEW! ok la. Not say it's bad, because it's at 11. But I thought like, no more curfews. Haha. Ok, not say I'll be out that late anyway. hahaha.

And yeah, I THINK I'm adjusting fine. haha.

Yeah I'll update another time. Photos will come up another time. yeah

Till then :)
MISS YOU ALL SO SO BADLY!!
:)

No comments: