Sunday, January 09, 2011

Only with my God(:

I'm giving my life for You
I'm giving everything to You
Not holding back but every part
I'm giving it all to You

Yesterday I sat in my car and had a really good talk with God. I told Him what was making me feel down and I thanked Him for bringing me to this place in my life - that even though it is bittersweet at the moment, I would have it no other way. I thanked Him for allowing me to get to know such people. I thanked Him for bringing me to OCF, for giving me the Christian support that I prayed so hard for in 2008 when I first came to Melbourne. I talked to Him about how my friends have been such an inspiration to me (N with his "building bill" project, BH with his working in a prison, etc.) and how I wanted to inspire others for Him. I started to understand better about the different seasons of life. I told Him that I trusted Him to make my 2011 even better than the awesome 2010 - I know He will bring me to higher heights this year.

Then the Lincoln Brewster song "All to You" started playing and I realised I'm learning how to give God every part of my life. That this is another "sweet" point to add to this bittersweet part of my life - that I'm learning more and more about how it is to have a relationship with God.

This is another chapter, another year. It's going to start bittersweet and probably ending the same way - but regardless, it is still going to be so phenomenal because God will be there the whole time.

No comments: