Thursday, May 20, 2010

Precious Memories(:

I miss mghandbells.

I miss the many performances we had, the many opportunities that we had to turn down (because holidays like Christmas was too important to us. haha), the skill of putting on make up on the bumpy bus rides, the skill of running around in court shoes, pushing the trolley of bells with Tiffany!!




But it's more than that. I miss the different pieces we played and how Mrs Aw really taught me how to perform a piece and really appreciate the music/dynamics. I miss the outings we had after we left, level by level. I miss working so hard with them to perfect a piece. I miss the late night practices. (I miss the 'punctuality speeches') More importantly, I miss belonging to a group with a bunch of awesome people who share the same passion for handbells, for music; who also shared the same faith, where we pray together before practice started and when it ended.


I can still remember my last major performance, how the last song was 'Give Thanks' and my conductor joked about the seniors crying in that song to make it more dramatic. But I guess, there is really a lot to give thanks about; just being part of it was amazing. Oh how I really want to perform just one more time..

No comments: