Friday, January 16, 2009

The Meaning of Love

I've been thinking a lot about love today, in particular, love within a family.

One thing that really marvelled me is how my aunts and uncles love me so much even though I'm not their child. I mean, they don't necessarily have to love me. But they do. It's the same with grandparents.

I mean if you think about it, love is such a beautiful mystery, isn't it?

And I chanced upon this website, and some stuff said there is really interesting. I'm just going to copy some that really caught my attention.

Since a very long time ago, people have searched for the meaning of love. But even the great philosophers, with their profound definitions, could not fully touch its true essence. In a survey of 4-8 year olds, kids share their views on love. But what do little kids know about love? Read on and be surprised that despite their young and innocent minds, kids already have a simple but deep grasp of that four-letter word.

"When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love."

"Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your french fries without making them give you any of theirs."

"Love is when someone hurts you. And you get so mad but you don't yell at him because you know it would hurt his feelings."

"There are 2 kinds of love. Our love. God's love. But God makes both kinds of them."

"My enemies taught me how to love."

No comments: