Thursday, April 08, 2010

Easter Camp '10

#1 (I'm going to miss you three when you leave)

#2 mg girls

#3 Laska (Easter camp cell)

#4 OCF cell
This Easter Camp was different from the past 2. Perhaps it was because I am no longer at the stage whereby I'm trying to find a crowd to fit in. Perhaps it is because I finally feel like I belong to this family. But whatever it was, it was a good-different.

Last time, whenever I think about that Cross and Jesus' death at Calvary, I am reminded of suffering, of how we are wicked and undeserving. I am reminded of the pain that Jesus went through. Back then, the picture in my mind was always rather gloomy. But this Easter, whenever I picture the cross, I am reminded of beauty. It's actually really so beautiful and words cannot begin to describe what I feel. I am now reminded of grace, of God's wonderful master plan. I am reminded of God's perfect love for us. It's really so so beautiful.

I guess this Easter Camp was different because it made me so happy to see people stepping up; because it made me cry when my [new] cell members pulled Kim and I aside to pray for us; because I knew God was working through people; because God provided for my emotional needs...

Most importantly, this Easter Camp was because I left without feeling some sort of a high, but instead a renewed love for my God, my Saviour, my Friend.

No comments: